Definition of Personal Information
- Personal Information is information that can identify you or be reasonably linked to you either alone or in combination with other information. This definition incorporates where applicable, the definition contained in the EU General Data Protection Regulations 2018. We collect and store the following types of Personal Information:
- Registration Information: information you provide about yourself when registering for and/or purchasing our Services. This includes your name, date of birth, sex, a password, billing and shipping address, payment information (e.g., credit card) and contact information (e.g. email and phone number) and other information provided to us in the course of opening a 1-Mile Healthcare Limited Account.;
- Self-Reported Information: information other than Registration that you provide directly to us through forms, surveys and other features on our Services including any disease conditions, other health-related information, personal traits, ethnicity, family history.;
- Sensitive Information: information about your health, Genetic Information, and certain Self-Reported Information such as racial and ethnic origin, sexual orientation, and political affiliation;
- Web-Behaviour Information: information on how you use our Services collected through log files, cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies,
- What information do we collect? We collect information in the following ways: Information given to us directly In the course of providing our Services, we collect Registration and Self-Reported Information provided by you, posts or uploaded content such as text, software, music, audio, photographs, graphics, video, messages, or other user generated content that you provide through the use of our blogs, forums or community posts. We also collect information from your one-on-one conversations with other 1-Mile Healthcare Limited Users, or communication with us about the Services such as when you contact Customer Care.
- Google Analytics. 1-Mile Healthcare Limited uses the AdWords and Remarketing List features of Google Analytics We use first and third party cookies to inform, optimize and serve adverts based on your past visits to our Website. You may opt out of Google Analytics Advertising Features by using the Google Ad Settings.
- Service Providers Service providers are third parties (other companies or individuals) that help us to provide, analyse and improve our Services. We share the information with our third-party service providers to enable them provide their services to us and help us perform our contract with you. Our service providers are subject to contractual obligations governing data security and confidentiality consistent with this Privacy Statement and applicable laws.
Legal or regulatory process We may share your Personal Information if we believe it is reasonably necessary to comply with valid legal process (e.g., subpoenas, warrants); enforce or apply the 1-Mile Healthcare Limited Terms of Service; protect the security or integrity of the Services; or protect the rights, property, or safety, of 1-Mile Healthcare Limited, our employees or users. If we are compelled to disclose your Personal Information to law enforcement, we will do our best to provide you with advance notice, unless we are prohibited under the law from doing so.
- Corporate restructuring In the event that 1-Mile Healthcare Limited or its businesses are acquired or transferred (including in connection with bankruptcy or similar proceedings), your Personal Information shall be transferred to the acquiring or receiving entity. The promises in this Privacy Statement will continue to apply between you and the new entity with respect to your Personal Information. Your choices on how we use and share your information You may set your browser to refuse some or all browser cookies or to alert you when cookies are being sent. You may also set your browser to “Do Not Track”. However, we currently do not “listen” to Do Not Track signals from your browser. If you do not want us to use data about your interests or behaviors to serve you targeted ads, you may opt out through your Account Settings. However, this would not prevent you from getting generic ads that are not targeted towards you. How do you access, correct or remove your Personal Information You may request access to, correct or remove personal that you have provided to us by contacting us or by using the tools described below. We may refuse a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or cause the information to be incorrect. Details and options for accessing this information are listed below. 1-Mile Healthcare Limited Account You can access and update your Registration Information, review, update or withdraw your consent to 1-Mile Healthcare Limited Research and update or delete Self-Reported Information that you provide to us at any time on your own within your Account Settings. You may not be able to delete User Content or information that has been shared with third parties.
- Sharing outside of the 1-Mile Healthcare Limited Services This Privacy Statement only covers the use and sharing of your Personal Information by 1-Mile Healthcare Limited. You may decide to share your Personal Information with third parties outside of our Services., These third parties may use your Personal Information differently than we do under this Privacy Statement. Please make such choices carefully and review the privacy statements of all other third parties involved in the transaction. We will have no responsibility or liability for any consequences that may result because you have released or shared Personal Information with others. What are 1-Mile Healthcare Limited retention practices? We retain user accounts on our system until our users request that we delete their data or close their accounts. Any Personal Information you provide to us while creating your account will be retained until such time as you ask us to close it. We retain your Genetic Information as needed to provide you with the features and functionality you purchased (or were gifted). We also retain your Genetic Information for use in our research with your consent and to avail you of updated and new features on our Services. In some cases we choose to retain usage information (e.g., visits to sites) in a depersonalized or aggregated form. Once aggregated, this information ceases to be personal and will not be subject to 1-Mile Healthcare Limited user deletion requests. How can I delete my Personal Information? You can delete your Personal Information from 1-Mile Healthcare Limited by logging into your Account Settings. To the extent you have shared information through the Services we will not be able to remove any copies of information that other members may have retained. Information in linked archival records can only be removed by the responsible archival entity. We will consider requests for removal of Personal Information from the searchable indexes of the records we hold on a case-by-case basis in accordance with law.
- Compliance with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) As required under the GDPR, your consent provides us with the legal basis for processing your Personal Information. We rely on your explicit consent to process your Genetic Information. You may withdraw your consent at any time. However, the withdrawal of consent would not affect the legality of processing done before the consent was withdrawn. We may also process your Personal Information on the basis of contractual necessity in order to perform our contract with you and on the basis of legitimate interest. You may object to the processing of your Personal Information when we rely on legitimate interest as the basis for processing.
- The right to be informed. You may request information on how your Personal Information is used and disclosed at any time. You may contact our Customer Care and will provide you with information in a concise manner.
- Right of access to and rectification of your Personal Information. If you have created a 1-Mile Healthcare Limited account, You may access, review, update and rectify certain Registration Information and Self-Reported Information within your Account Settings, and the surveys page. If you would like to access or rectify any other information, contact Customer Care and we will do our best to assist you without undue delay. We may reject part or all of your request if responding to your request could adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
- “Right to be Forgotten”. You may request erasure of Personal Information where processing of the information is no longer necessary, you have withdrawn consent in relation to the purpose of the processing or you had earlier objected to the processing of your Personal Information. Upon receipt of a request for erasure, we shall take all reasonable steps to delete your Personal Information. If we have made your Personal Information public and we are required to erase such Personal Information, we will take reasonable steps, including technical measures, to inform controllers that are processing any links to or copies or replications of your Personal Information of your erasure request. Our assistance with your request for erasure is subject to limitations by relevant data protection laws, available technology and the cost of implementation.
- Right to restriction of our processing. You can restrict our processing of your Personal Information where one of the following applies: (a) you dispute the accuracy of Personal Information being processed by us (for a period enabling us to verify its accuracy); (b) the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the Personal Information and request the restriction of its use instead; (c) 1-Mile Healthcare Limited no longer needs the Personal Information for the purposes of the processing, but it is required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; and (d) you have objected to certain processing relying on legitimate interest, pending the verification whether 1-Mile Healthcare Limited legitimate grounds override your rights. Restricted Personal Information shall only be processed with your consent or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of important public interest. We will notify you if the restriction is lifted.
- Right to data portability. If we process your Personal Information based on a contract with you or based on your consent, or the processing is carried out by automated means, you may request to receive your Personal Information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format for transfer to another data controller, or to have us transfer your Personal Information directly to another controller, where technically feasible. However, we may refuse your request if the exercise of this right adversely affects the rights and freedoms of others.
- Notification of erasure, rectification and restriction. We will provide notice to each recipient that we disclosed your Personal Information to regarding any rectification or erasure of Personal Information or restriction of processing, unless you initiated the disclosure or providing notice proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort. Upon your request, we will share the list of recipients with you.
- Right to object to processing. Where the processing of your Personal Information is based on legitimate interests, or processing is done for the purpose of direct marketing, you may restrict or object, at any time, to the processing of your Personal Information. We may continue to process your Personal Information if it is necessary for the defence of legal claims, or for any other exceptions permitted by applicable law. However, if you object to processing for direct marketing, your Personal Information shall no longer be processed for that purpose.
- Automated individual decision-making, including profiling. You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal or similarly significant effects on you, except where you have consented to such processing or such processing is necessary for performance of the contract between you and 1-Mile Healthcare Limited. The rights described above may be limited by local laws. Further, your right of access and deletion is not absolute and may not be available if fulfilment of such right would, among other things:
cause interference with execution and enforcement of the law and legal private rights (such as in the case of the investigation or detection of legal claims or the right to a fair trial); breach or prejudice the rights of confidentiality and security of others; prejudice security or grievance investigations, corporate re-organizations, future and ongoing negotiations with third parties, the compliance with regulatory requirements relating to economic and financial management; or otherwise violate the interests of others or where the burden or cost of providing access would be disproportionate.